Monday, March 2, 2009

Everyday Moments


They say the best things in life happen in the everyday moments. Lately, I have witnessed the infinite truth of this mantra. Often, I am guilty of wondering what's next - what's the next big event, major happening, or earth-moving experience that will come my way and continue to shape my life. But when my mind, body and soul are at peace, there is a silence and sudden clarity to the world around me. As if sharpening the focus with a camera lens, it suddenly becomes clear that even the seemingly smallest things that I often take for granted collectively reveal the true meaning - and happiness - of life. I'll share a few of these everyday moments now.


I'm so lucky that my two favorite girls in the world both live with me in my family. Here Jackie and Aubs share one last cuddle before Aubs has to say goodbye to her morning cartoons and head out the door to school.

Like many great photographers, Murphy hates to have his OWN picture taken. But my son continues to inspire me with his many talents and interests. Here is his interesting take on a palm tree from a recent trip to Florida with his mom. Murph always has an interesting point of view - with or without his camera.


The old adage is true - children grow up in the blink of an eye. I've seen it happen with Murph - now watch as Aubs experiences another milestone. She just can't wait to show Mom her first big-girl bed.


One of my many blessings is to have the opportunity to work from home AND have Aubs with me a few days every week. Share a "business" lunch moment with us now.


True friends are hard to come by. But my friend George is actually family - someone you can count on no matter what the situation. Here we share another adventure, holding down the back row during a weekend spin for charity. Of course, Murph was on hand to shoot the event. (It's nice to have a pro photographer in the family.)

I'll leave you with a quote that I heard (and loved) just the other day: "God's greatest gift is today - that's why it's called the present." Here's to making the most of every "everyday" moment.

Talk to you soon. Until next time, remember to pick up the pace and run your own race.

- Jeff

1 comment:

R. Roger Baughan said...

you continue to inspire me with your thoughts and inspiration. I have now replaced Joel Olsten with my bro..... The Rev Jeff!!!!!!